Help Desk Specialist
Title: Help Desk Specialist
The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
- Compute environment support
- Manage the day to day Information Technology needs of two corporate offices
- Assist IT Director with management of Data Center/IT Integration Service products
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Assist in the maintenance and daily performance of global computer systems and servers
- Work with Vendors to support and maintain all equipment
- End User Support
- Assist with end-user issues as they arise as submitted by Phone, Email, or an internal ticketing system. Use deductive analysis and out-of-the-box thinking to solve issues as they are presented. Follow up with employees as required until issues are complete.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to personal computer systems, back-office software, and corporate hardware.
- Write training manuals for the proper usage of EdgeConneX systems.
- Train computer users on systems usage and compliance.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- On-Boarding and Off Boarding of employees
- Maintain Office 365
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding of employees as it pertains to computers and systems. Clean up computers.
- Maintain inventories of hardware and software licenses
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Find and implement productivity tools to increase the efficiency of the IT team and EdgeConneX
- Assist in Compliance efforts to include, reporting, auditing and implementation.
- Perform other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Well versed in a broad range of Information Technology initiatives and projects
- Experience with Data Center companies a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of networks a plus
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Eager to learn and apply knowledge
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience
- Office 365 administration
- Macintosh and PC administration
- End Point Management Systems administration (BitDefender, Crowdstrike, etc)
- Mobile Device Management Systems administration
- Manage Engine Ticketing (or related ticketing systems experience)
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications or equivalent preferred
EdgeConneX believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. EdgeConneX is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com