We are thrilled to partner with EdgeConneX to innovate new network solutions and data center infrastructure for customers using the transpacific subsea cables. Together, our companies have brought the industry a faster and more cost-efficient model to handle the insatiable growth in content and cloud services traversing the globe”.
–Dan Stoll, President, Electric Lightwave
Edge Landing Station
At the Edge.
The next generation of submarine cable deployments is here—and it’s on the Edge.
For over 10 years, EdgeConneX has transformed the way high-demand, latency-sensitive content and business-critical applications are delivered over the network and on the cloud—moving it to the Edge, closer to the end-user than ever before. By offloading their content from the backbone of the network, EdgeConneX customers experience unprecedented speed and reliability, driving down network costs and delivering superior user experiences.
And now, EdgeConneX again extends their innovative Edge content distribution model to where it’s needed: the Submarine Cable Landing Station category. EdgeConneX ELS—in coordination with existing and new cable deployments—enables cable owners and operators to implement the most efficient and reliable network architectures available today, including:
- New locations
- New cable-to-cable cross connects
- New streamlined business models with efficient backhaul interconnection
ELS facilitates agile deployment of new landing sites away from traditional, established sites. These new sites can even be strategically located in relation to established cables and stations to enhance diversity and mitigate downtime via failover schemes along mission-critical routes.
Across their entire portfolio, the EdgeConneX team of in-house engineers design and deliver best-in-class infrastructure, including:
- Facility design
- Power and cooling architecture
- Site layout
- On-premise security
- Emergency downtime response
- 10-12,000 sq.ft. (1120 sq.m.) facility with the ability to expand and scale both wet-side and dry-side requirements.
- Wet-side is approximately 5000 sq.ft. with DC power and scale to support up to 1.65MW, and the ability to partition SLTE and Backhaul aisles to meet the specific and distinct needs of each cable owner.
- Expansion capability for up to two additional cables.
- Dry-side (Data Center) is approximately 5000 sq.ft. with 1.5 MW of AC power, N+1 UPS.
- Per rack power densities of 20+ KW and 600 watts per square foot.
- Built according to the same exacting standards in design, performance, and capability of the Edge Data Center.
- Optimized with EdgeOS, the next generation data center operating system that offers a single, secure, 24×7 view inside every Edge Data Center and SLTE infrastructure across the EdgeConneX global footprint.
EdgeConneX and Electric Lightwave partnered to create the first Edge Landing Station for Domestic Subsea Cables in San Diego. To read more about the collaboration click here