EdgeOS Software Engineer
EdgeConneX® is the only global Edge Data Center® provider. Creating purpose-built, edge-of-network infrastructure solutions that extend the internet’s reach, EdgeConneX enables the fastest and most secure delivery of content, cloud services and applications. Edge Data Centers host bandwidth intensive and latency sensitive data closer to end-users, establishing a more secure, reliable and cost effective distribution model for the internet. For more information, please visit our EdgeConneX Internet of Everywhere®.
EdgeOS Software Engineer
- Knowledge acquisition of existing system components and functionality
- Familiarity with development environment tools and procedures
- Working with system users to gather and refine new requirements
- Functional decomposition of needs into solution components and algorithms
- Documentation of software design proposals for the solution
- Implementation of software modifications to accomplish solution tasks
- Implementation of unit tests to automate quality validation
- Testing of software modifications to verify proper functionality
- Integration of software modifications into existing software system
- Testing of integrated system solution to verify regression/functional accuracy
- Debugging, isolating, and fixing issues that arise during development testing
- Coordinating with other team members and solution contributors
- Supporting system users and operation support staff with issue resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 6+ years in software engineering
- Minimum 3+ years in database experience using SQL Server or equivalent RDBMS
- Strong problem solving ability and structured logical thinking skills
- Can work independently and develop solutions to complex problems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Mercurial or equivalent configuration management tool experience
- Visual Studio/ASP.Net/C# development experience
- SQL Server Management Studio database experience
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development methodologies
The position is based at the Herndon, VA headquarters location and travel is not expected. However, there may be occasional travel required on an exception basis for team meetings or site visits.
This position reports to the EdgeOS Software Architect and will be expected to work closely with the other IT staff employees and third party software consultants involved in the development, operation and support of the EdgeOS system.
EdgeConneX believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. EdgeConneX is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.