Accounts Payable Representative
EdgeConneX® is the only global Edge Data Center® provider. Creating purpose-built, edge-of-network infrastructure solutions that extend the internet’s reach, EdgeConneX enables the fastest and most secure delivery of content, cloud services and applications. Edge Data Centers host bandwidth intensive and latency sensitive data closer to end-users, establishing a more secure, reliable and cost effective distribution model for the internet. For more information, please visit our EdgeConneX Internet of Everywhere®.
Accounts Payable Representative
This role will give you the opportunity to enhance your skillset by incorporating high level of technological skills in an entirely paperless environment, and be given the autonomy to find new or more creative and resourceful ways to accomplish the department’s objectives. In short, as an Accounts Payable Representative you will provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficiency and accuracy in applying reviewing and processing invoices, while meeting tight deadlines for our unique technology-related data center company.
- 5+ years of high volume corporate accounts payable, customer service and accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of applicable full cycle accounts payable procedures
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving follow-up skills
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Experience in the Data Center, Construction or Real Estate environments preferred
- Experience working with SAGE ERP system Accounts Payable module is a plus
The Accounts Payable Representative is responsible for full cycle payable activities and serves as a backup for the Accounts Payable Manager. The Accounts Payable Representative reports to the Accounts Payable Manager.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Process high volume PO and non-PO related vendor invoices in SAGE ERP system
- Process check requests
- Review, validate and process employee expense reports
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Research and follow-up on purchase order and invoice discrepancies
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in Accounts Payable month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly
- 1099 maintenance and annual filing
- Assist with annual audit
EdgeConneX believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. EdgeConneX is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.